What if you could discover risk before claims data arrives?
To manage risk, you must be able to predict it. Over-utilization and unnecessary spending drive up to 40 percent of health care-related costs. Those costs can’t be analyzed with reactive reports and analytics—employers need a comprehensive, and predictive, risk assessment.
The Human Capital Risk Index (HUI)® is the only leading rather than lagging risk score that predicts and measures human capital health and job performance risk.
Built from Workpartners’ diverse research reference database of approximately 500 million, the HUI takes into account details on lost time, medical, pharmacy claims, workers’ compensation, and HR compensation data in order to assess risk and predict high-risk and high-cost cases.
The HUI weighs the following elements:
- Clinical diagnostics and patterns of utilization captured in medical claims
- Pharmacy classes and patterns of utilization captured in pharmacy claims
- Short-/Long-term disability claims
- Workers’ compensation claims
What human capital management means for your business
Knowing the HUI scores of your employee population allows you to:
- Identify future and current high-cost individuals
- Measure the quality and efficiency of medical providers while controlling for patient risk level
- Assess the overall risk of a given population
- Evaluate the success rate of intervention programs
- Measure vendor network quality
The average HUI score of someone in this 5 percent group is 4.1, which means he or she is 4.1 times riskier than the average person. An individual in this 5 percent group drives approximately $50,000 a year in benefit costs.
Creating these HUI cohort groups allows us to customize engagement strategies for each of these groups. This customized engagement is part of Workpartners' advocacy pillar.
When fueled by advanced data analytics, workforce engagement can become even more strategic and effective in reducing costs and improving employee health well-being. This is what taking a data-driven approach to human capital management means to us and the HR professionals we work with.